Live events, festivals, and in-person social gatherings have been canceled for the foreseeable future, but that doesn’t mean that 4/20/2020 has gone up in smoke. It just means that you’ll have to get creative about how you celebrate the holiday, and we’re here to help!
It’s a bummer that we can’t make the trek to San Francisco for the annual smoke out and that sharing a joint with friends is a no-go this year. Take a minute to honor how you’re feeling and decide what direction you want to take your 420 in. You still have time to make 4/20/2020 an epic day, after all, this will be a 420 we’ll all remember for years to come.
20 Ideas for making 4/20 Plans During Quarantine Times
A Whole-Plant Holiday
If you don’t want to inhale smoke for health reasons, think of other ways you can incorporate the plant into your holiday. 420 isn’t just about smoking, vaping, or even getting high, it’s about celebrating cannabis and all of its components.
Here are some alternatives to smoking up:
- Edibles - An excellent alternative to smoking and still a classic delivery method are edibles. These can be made at home by first using flower to make cannabutter or infusing with a tincture. Just be careful and follow The Golden Rules of Edibles: Start low, go slow. You can always eat more, but you can’t eat less (this is mainly for THC or otherwise psychoactive edibles).
- Gummies - A no-hassle option that doesn’t run the risk of getting you too high but will keep your mood lifted is Kush Queen Bliss Rx Gummies with 15 mg CBD + 15mg CBG per piece. Also available in CBD for daily wellness, and CBD:CBN for sleep.
- Tinctures - Can be taken orally or added to food or drinks. Try Bare CBD Wellness Tincture in potency ranging from 500mg CBD to 5000mg CBD. The only ingredients are olive oil and full-spectrum hemp extract, so choose your adventure when infusing.
- Transdermal Topicals - Soak in or rub on your cannabis this 420. The Kush Queen X Alice + Olivia Self-Care Collection has a transdermal CBD bubble bath and CBD body lotion that’ll get into your system through your skin. Drop the A+O 200mg CBD bath bomb in the tub and add a little bubble bath for a custom full-body topical 4/20 bath.
- Dry Pull - This is where you “puff” on a joint without lighting it to get a taste for the terpene profile. We’ve seen this done at infused dinners where the food and cannabis pairings were based on complementary scent and taste. If you have a few strains on hand, think about pairing their flavor profiles with some of your favorite snacks and try to determine if the flavors enhance one another.
Celebrate 420 Your Way
Celebrating the day indoors by yourself doesn’t have to be boring. Take a few minutes to plan some entertaining activities and add a festive spin into the mix. If your job is essential and you find yourself overworked, carve out a little time to do something soothing for yourself. Either way, make sure to do things that make you feel good and keep your vibes high!
Pick your favorite way to consume the plant and check out these fun ways to partake in 4/2020 by yourself but in high spirits:
- Grind Up Some Self-Care + Roll It Up with a Sprinkle of Self-Indulgence - Our 4/2020 gift guide walks you through a super lit spa day with an ultra-potent 1000mg CBD Bath Bomb, our Renew CBD Sugar Scrub, and Defynt CBD Face Serum. Serve yourself a mocktail or tea infused with tincture to top it off.
- Laughter is the Best Medicine - Watch a classic stoner comedy or stream your favorite comedian’s stand up special.
- Repurpose Something - Make cute masks using fabric you already own and online tutorials. They make great gifts and are required in some public places.
- Get Crafty - Transform that boring T-shirt into a one of a kind piece with a tie-dye kit. You can even use bleach that you have at home if you don’t have time for a kit.
- Expand Your Mind - Dive into that cannabis content you’ve been curious about. Whether it’s a documentary on weed culture, a book by a cannabis pioneer, or your favorite brand’s blog (oh, hey there!), take some time to educate yourself about the plant.
Let’s Get Silly
What else do you do when you and your friends can’t go anywhere and your original 4/20 plans are busted? Put on your favorite weed swag and gather ‘round for a virtual sesh via Zoom or other video conferencing app.
Take this time to have a much needed moment of play and enjoy the people who love weed as much as you do from afar. Play games that help you connect while sharing your mutual love of cannabis.
Here are some ideas to get your virtual sesh started:
- Take a Zelfie - Whip up a mocktail or roll up a joint and use the grid feature on Zoom to virtually pass or cheers the person in the square next to you and take a screenshot to commemorate your virtual gathering. Don’t forget you can dry pull if you want to partake without combustion.
- Stoned Storytime - Tell your friends the story about the first time you got high, your weed favorite story, or a funny story about smoking with someone in your chat.
- Show + Tell Stash Edition - Show off your stash. To add an element of friendly competition, vote for whose is the dankest.
- Baked Baker Competition - Have each person bake an item chosen from Pinterest and show it off à la Nailed It (can be infused or not).
- Guessing Game - Get a jar and place an indeterminate amount of weed or joints or gummies in it and ask everyone in your chat to guess how much/how many pieces are in the jar.
Stay Connected whilst Social Distancing
If you’re bummed out about the state of the world and no amount of weed can help, try doing something for someone else or connecting with others in a meaningful way.
- Send Bae some cannabis via a delivery service if available, in your area. Order your love a special cannabis gift box as you would on Valentine’s Day and delight their quarantined little heart.
- We’re still sending care packages to Frontline Fighters, like medical workers, grocery store staff, budtenders, postal workers/delivery drivers, anyone whose job places them in potential danger. Nominate someone and tell us why they need a Kush Queen care package, it’ll be a much-needed gift for them and a huge vibe booster for you.
- If you’re feeling isolated, go through your contacts and send everyone you know who loves weed a “Happy 420” message. It’ll spark dialogue with others and remind you that you aren’t the only one stuck inside or otherwise not having the day you envisioned.
- Put something helpful into the world by sharing a good blog post, article, or meme with someone or on social media. It can be an original that you create or something you came across that helped boost your morale.
- Donate to a shelter, food bank, or person you know who needs it if you have the means. If you can’t spare any cash, see how you can support a cause by calling a public official’s office, writing a letter, or volunteering your time.
The Bright Side of History
4/20 has come a long way. What began as an unofficial holiday for the stigmatized who smoked cannabis, has transformed into an international day of reverence for the liberation of the plant.
We still have a long way to go, but if we look to the past for guidance--regarding both cannabis and the current state of our world--we can create a more unified and accessible future for the collective.
Enter Kush Queen's 420 Cash Giveaway
To celebrate this once in a lifetime event with our Kush Queen family so we're gifting EIGHT lucky people something special - $420 OF COLD HARD CASH!
During this unpredictable time, we want to celebrate by giving back to those who inspire us and support us daily. Enter yourself or nominate a friend.
Contest is open through 4/20/2020 at midnight.
Remember: it's crucial we all stay safe and practice social distancing to flatten the curve, do your part and be mindful when choosing how to celebrate the epic 04/20/2020!
Stay safe, be well, and have the best 4/20/2020! Share how you’re celebrating and tag us on Instagram @kushqueenshop